Discover China Day

On Thursday the 21 of September my class did Discover China Day. Let me tell you all about it. The first activity we did was the fan dance. Our tutor was Ya Zhang. We had to get a fan and learn how to open it and close it. Then We did this dance it was easy at the start but in the end it got harder, we had to go down on one knee and get back up quickly. After that I was so tired.

The second activity we did was lion dance. Our tutor was Winsome Lim. First we had to sit down and he showed us some instruments. There were some symbols and a gong and drum. we had to get a partner and Te-Maia was my partner. then I had to grab Te-Maia’s belt because she was the head and I was the body. It was so hard.

The third activity we did was calligraphy. Our tutor was Alice Xin Huang. We had to make the ink and colour it but the only colour was black. We had to draw our zodiac animal, mine is a Rabbit, my Mum is a Pig and my little sister is as well, my mum’s boyfriend is a Rat and my older sister is an Ox.

The fourth activity we did was erhu. Our tutor was Zoe Li. We had to guess the song she was playing on the erhu and then we had to make music but it sounded really bad. then we were put in groups and when she said our number we had to play a note it was D and A.

The fifth and finale activity was martial arts. Our tutor was Funxiao Meng. we had to go to the small gym. then he showed us all the cool things he brought. I can’t remember all the things he brought. Then he showed us how to greet people. Then he showed us the bear, deer, Scorpio, tiger and snake.